DVSA provides more information on trailer training and accreditation
From the DVSA:
Following our recent webinars explaining more about how the voluntary trailer training scheme will work, we want to provide you with more information and contact details for the three accrediting bodies.
How to get your training accredited
To become an accredited trailer trainer you will need to apply to the organisations that you want to be accredited by. You can apply for more than one – for example, some organisations specialise in specific types of towing activities.
Each organisation has their own:
• process to accredit you
• terms and conditions
• process to keep your accreditation
What happens when you’re accredited
When you’re accredited you will be:
• listed as an accredited trainer on the organisations website
• able to offer your services to more customers
• able to advertise that your training has been accredited by an organisation recognised by DVSA
• part of industry wide scheme following DVSA’s standard and syllabus
There are 3 accrediting bodies. You can find their contact details below:
National Register of LGV instructors
Safe Towing Scheme
Skills for Logistics
Watch our webinar
If you weren’t able to attend one of the webinars we held in March, you can watch a recording of one.