The Intelligent Instructor Awards 2022 in association with Kwik Fit and Michelin has been searching to find the very best instructors, driving schools and suppliers within the industry.
The Intelligent Instructor Awards recognise excellence within the driver training industry, rewarding key industry suppliers, both regional and national driving schools, as well as individual driving instructors from right across the country.
This year, the awards will continue on from 2021 as a virtual event. We are delighted to welcome two very well-known brands as joint headline sponsors, Kwik Fit and Michelin.
Roger Griggs, Communications Director at Kwik Fit, said: “Even with all the advances in automotive technology, the most important factors in road safety are still the behaviour and skills of the person behind the wheel. It’s vital that good habits are instilled from the first moments in the driving seat, and Kwik Fit is delighted to be supporting the instructors and organisations who are setting young drivers off on the right road.”
Simon Winstanley, Key Account Manager for Michelin, said: “The professionalism and knowledge of driving instructors are the foundations for a lifetime of good motoring habits. That’s why Michelin is extremely happy to be supporting young drivers and the industry in this way.”
Intelligent Instructor Awards 2022 Categories
- Driving Instructor Insurer of the Year
- Product of the Year – sponsored by Kwik Fit & Michelin
- Professional Support Provider of the Year – sponsored by ADINJC
- Car Supplier of the Year
- Driving Instructor Car of the Year
- Local Driving Instructor Association of the Year – sponsored by ADINJC
- Regional Driving School of the Year
- National Driving School of the Year
- Driving Instructor of the Year (12 regional awards, one overall winner) – sponsored by Kwik Fit & Michelin
- Services to the Driver Training Industry Award
The Driving Instructor of the Year nominations will come directly from learners. Intelligent Instructor’s parent brand, FirstCar, will reach out to its learner audience to encourage nominations via an online nomination form. Driving instructors can also share the nomination link with their learners – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/iiawards22. 11 Regional Driving Instructor of the Year winners will been selected by the judging panel and join our previous winners Tracey Gannon & Chris Borchardt as Intelligent Instructor Driving Instructor of the Year!
Our judging panel
- Adrianne Carter – Owner, The Face Whisperer
- Alan Hiscox – Director of Safety, The British Horse Society
- Andrew Drewary – Road Risk Consultant, Road Safety Smart
- Charles Moffat – Deputy Chair, ADINJC
- Emma Kelly – Development, PR and Advocacy Manager, Road Safety Support
- Emily Coughlin – Community Safety Manager, Network Rail
- Francis Noakes – Founder, Driving School TV
- Graham Feest – Owner, Road Safety Consultancy
- James Evans – Director, The Honest Truth
- Liz Brooker MBE – Chair, Road Safety GB
- Neil Worth – Chief Executive, GEM Motoring Assist
- Peter Harvey MBE – National Chairman, MSA
- Phillipa Young – Chair, Road Safety GB
- 2 November 2021 – Awards nominations open
- 2 December 2021 – Awards entry deadline
- 12 December 2021 – Awards entry deadline extension
- w/c 13 December 2021 – Awards shortlist announced and public voting opens
- 7 January 2022 – Judging panel submits votes
- 14 January 2022 – Public voting closes
- 13 February 2022 – Winner announced
If you would like to enter the awards, please click on the category below to download the entry form.