The Intelligent Instructor Awards 2021 in association with Kwik Fit and Michelin has officially launched with the search to find the very best instructors, driving schools and suppliers within the industry now underway.
The Intelligent Instructor Awards recognise excellence within the driver training industry, rewarding key industry suppliers, both regional and national driving schools, as well as individual driving instructors from right across the country.
This year, due to the pandemic, the awards are being reimagined and will take place as a virtual event. We are delighted to welcome two very well-known brands as joint headline sponsors, Kwik Fit and Michelin.
Roger Griggs, Communications Director at Kwik Fit, said: “Even with all the advances in automotive technology, the most important factors in road safety are still the behaviour and skills of the person behind the wheel. It’s vital that good habits are instilled from the first moments in the driving seat, and Kwik Fit is delighted to be supporting the instructors and organisations who are setting young drivers off on the right road.”
Simon Winstanley, Key Account Manager for Michelin, said: “The professionalism and knowledge of driving instructors are the foundations for a lifetime of good motoring habits. That’s why Michelin is extremely happy to be supporting young drivers and the industry in this way.”
Intelligent Instructor Awards 2021 Categories
- Driving Instructor Insurer of the Year
- Product of the Year – sponsored by Kwik Fit & Michelin
- Professional Support Provider of the Year – sponsored by ADINJC
- Car Supplier of the Year
- Driving Instructor Car of the Year
- Local Driving Instructor Association of the Year – sponsored by ADINJC
- Regional Driving School of the Year
- National Driving School of the Year
- Driving Instructor of the Year (12 regional awards, one overall winner) – sponsored by Kwik Fit & Michelin
- Services to the Driver Training Industry Award – sponsored by Pertemps Driver Training
The Driving Instructor of the Year nominations have come directly from learners. Intelligent Instructor’s parent brand, FirstCar, reached out to its learner audience to encourage nominations via an online nomination form. 11 Regional Driving Instructor of the Year winners will be selected by the judging panel with one being crowned the Intelligent Instructor Driving Instructor of the Year 2021!Vote now
Our judging panel
- Adrianne Carter – Owner, The Face Whisperer
- Andrew Drewary – Road Risk Consultant, Road Safety Smart
- Carly Brookfield – CEO , DIA
- Chris Lewis – Development and Policy Lead, Police and Crime Commissioner, Warwickshire
- David Crundall – Professor of Psychology, Nottingham Trent University
- Emma Kelly – Development, PR and Advocacy Manager, Road Safety Support
- Liz Brooker MBE – Chair, Road Safety GB
- Peter Harvey MBE – National Chairman, MSA
- Phillipa Young – Chair, Road Safety GB
Driving instructors are encouraged to cast their votes, whilst the independent awards judging panel will also do the same. Those entries who achieve the highest combined ranking from our two voting methods, will be judged the winners in the respective categories.
Winners will be announced at the Intelligent Instructor Awards ceremony which will be filmed in secret and subsequently broadcast on YouTube, as well as simultaneously promoted across Intelligent Instructor’s digital channels – intelligentinstructor.co.uk, social media and emailed to the entire Intelligent Instructor database in March.
- w/c 18 January 2021 – Shortlist announced, voting commences
- 21 February 2021 – Voting closes
- 7 March 2021 – Winners announced